WorldMark Red River
While snowbirds head south for sunny weather, winter sports enthusiasts migrate to WorldMark Red River in New Mexico. Snow is seen half the year, and measures close to 200 inches consistently – making it the ideal place to ski, snowboard, tube or partake in other winter activities.
Each unit at the Red River resort has a washer and dryer, cable television, stereo, ironing board, and air conditioning. Outside, there’s no pool, but a hot tub and ski chairlift are a given. Also barbeques and decks that face the grand mountains are standard for every unit.
Red River WorldMark is close to Taos branch, located 36 miles away. The Santé Fe is located 105 miles from this resort.
Highlights of this Location
Popular sights include:
- Main Street Shopping – head to Main Street to pick up gifts and clothing from shopping venues like All Seasons Inc., Main Street Mercantile, Red River Trading Company, Crazy Mountain Sports and others. The shopping strip is one mile long.
- Brandenburg Park – during the holidays the park transforms to choirs caroling to the spirit of the season.
- Red River Ski Area – is the top place to visit for skiing, snowboarding and more, which is literally right at the doorsteps of the resort in Red River. There are at least 58 trails, and all are invited – including novices and pros.
- Go Fishing Or Hunting – in the wilderness through companies like Bobcat Pass Wilderness Adventures, Dirk Neil`s Outfitting, Jerry Shanley, Mountain Shadow Angler, Starr Angler Shop – all fitting names for this wild and adventurous locale.
- White Water Rafting – in the summer, take a lazy or speedy raft with Los Rios Runners.
- Go Horseback Riding – along the mountainous terrains that transform in the summertime, from snow-covered alpines, to beautiful landscapes and scenic views. Professional photographers are also available.
- Tour Red River – including the rich gold mines, historical landmarks and even ghost towns. It will look like something out of a movie scene.
- Family Fun – take a daytrip to the Black Mountain Playhouse. Or if you happen to book in June, then classic car shows come rollin’ into town.
- River Brews & Blues Festival or the Fine Arts & Wine Festival – are grand displays and tastes of one-of-a-kind foods, brews, and wines that are distinctive to Red River alone.
- Local Spas – need to be pampered? Get away from it all with dozens of boutique spas in town – catering to tourists and locals alike.
Distance from Major Airports
The closest major airport is 138 miles from the resort (Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ)
There are 1 & 2-Bedrooms, with some catering to special needs guests. Some rooms have king sizes and other queen beds. Every room however, has a sleeper sofa. Special needs units include roll-in showers and bar handles.
Tips for Visiting
Vacationers should know that the best time to visit Red River is the summer or winter, as fall and spring seasons usually slow to a grinding halt – for restaurants and other attractions.
Red River WorldMark’s timeshares can be purchased by calling 360-876-4777.